- 1/4 cup - Svedka Pineapple Mango Vodka (Svedka is known for their smooth aftertaste)
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen pineapples
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 1 tbs. Xanthan gum
- 1 large Lemon - Juiced
- *Make Note that you can also add 1/2 to 1 cup of fresh Mangos as well*
- Mixing Bowl
- Ice Cream Maker - (I have this one Cuisinart)
- Ice Cream Airtight Container - (I have the Tovolo 1 quart from Amazon)
- Sauce Pan
- Large Spoon
Directions:Begin by mixing the 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a sauce pan on medium to low heat till boiling. Remove from heat and let sit for at least 45 min. until syrup forms. In blender mix 1 1/2 cup of frozen pineapples, 1 cup of pineapple chunks, 1/4 cup of vodka, 1 tbs. xanthan gum, lemon juice and then add your syrup mix. Blend until smooth. Make sure to strain your mixture before placing it in your ice cream maker. I did not, as I wanted a little bit more texture in mine but that is personal preference. Follow the instructions to your ice cream maker for making ice cream. Once your sorbet has been mixed, pour it into your ice cream container and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. I took my sorbet out a few minutes before serving and scooped it into mini bowls. Now you may add a garnish of choice and serve. These have become one of my favorite desserts of summer!
What is your favorite dessert so far this summer?